Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Her Hello To Be Mean-Spirted


Fortunately, it is a rare occurence for I'd rather write of the exciting things that are coming down the pipeline of jnetsworld. But recently, I was surprised to have a guest hello put smugly on my facebook wall. Friends checked in... and my mother called.

I decided to check out www.urbandictionary.com for the meaning of my name since it was the novel status update of the moment that my friends were playing up. My friend, BT, complained that his stood for British Telecom, Bible Thumper or Bong Tokes for lack of a colorful meaning. Mine on the other hand was a fun one and so I posted it.

JNET: A beautiful, sexy, and intelligent woman. Unique. DON'T let her go once shes yours. If you have lost her already- get her back. She will prove to be the best in every aspect. Jeannettes like romance, make a standout gesture.. To get what you really want you have to take a chance. Risk it all or lose it all.

Cool, I thought. I liked it and shared. It was met with enthusiasm by my friends and my mom congratulating herself for picking a good name. The innocent fun got a slap by a surprise hello from someone that had never bothered to post anything on my wall ever before. I was taken back.

K decided to take a different voice and drop an unsolicited stink bomb. Nevermind that I never held ill feelings toward her and even thumbs up'd several great photos in her album to celebrate vicariously her happiness. The only thing I could think of was that she was sticking her nose in business that was not hers and rather choosing to discourage any chance of creating further connection.

Her curt comment was upsetting and perhaps that will be her pleasure. I am accustomed to being able to clear communication and confront misunderstandings right away. But what is one to do when an acquaintance who I have less than three conversations a year takes a butter knife jab at me? What do you do with contempt from left field?

FRIENDS: "Get rid of her. What is she doing being counted as your friend? Remove her!"

I am lucky that I have loyal friends to stand by my side immediately. They've been busy making lemonade. Remove her? She's supposed to be like family.

This unfortunately does not bode well for a particular suitor and my enthusiasm to join his family. It was his sister's comment that brought alarm causing my mom to call and ask about it.

Shall I put the blame on impetuous youth? The planets being misaligned? Is Mercury in retrograde? How to forgive this certain transgression? Did I even have a friend remotely in her? Was she full of pretense? Or is she plainly mean spirited? Someone that I wouldn't want around my someday children?

She did afterall proudly introduce herself as a "bitch" to me at her own birthday party. And with this blog entry, I leave her, it, to stand as is, my status update that I thought was fun - disrupted by an energy that I am at a lost in creating a resolution.

Her ways do not make sense to my world. I create art. I want to make life beautiful... not just pretty in the surface.

So what's a negativity slayer to do? How to build a bridge when one finds that the ground one stands on is hostile? Is it wise to grow futures on land that has mines? Is this subtlety indicative of dynamics I need to be mindful of? Doesn't everyone learn the rule that if you have nothing nice to say... say NOTHING? Before kindergarten?

JNET

Here follows the post of a different world crashing up against jnetsworld:

Status update posted on facebook to entertain myself.. placed before 500+ friends, students and colleagues....

JNET: A beautiful, sexy, and intelligent woman. Unique. DON'T let her go once shes yours. If you have lost her already- get her back. She will prove to be the best in every aspect. Jeannettes like romance, make a standout gesture.. To get what you really want you have to take a chance. Risk it all or lose it all.

Jeannette Hollyday

Jeannette

I like it :)
February 4 at 11:37am

James Pham

James

Wow. The more I get to know you the more I like... ; )
February 4 at 1:00pm ·

Jeannette Hollyday

Jeannette

Thanks bro! Send my regards to the phamily :)
February 4 at 1:11pm ·

Kristina Blanco

Kristina

I don't believe in these things. However, I guess it can be entertaining regardless if it's true or completely imaginary.
February 4 at 3:55pm ·

Paula

Re: the post above mine - I don't think anyone really believes urbandictionary.com is going to define them or their personality by their name. It is definitely for entertainment purposes, as are most facebook posts!
February 4 at 4:34pm ·

Kristina Blanco

Kristina
agreed.
February 4 at 6:16pm

Jessie Sinatra

Jessie

that's right beezy... Let's not be haters... Love me some jnet.
Sat at 7:29pm ·

Michael Shire

Michael

Definition seems to be missing some stuff, like ambition, drive, and huge smiles.
Sun at 11:56pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment