Friday, July 4, 2008

Life In Wonderland II


A reflection on a reflection... two years later...

Do I change, evolve or pretty much remain the same???

**************

This is how I feel about Life a lot of the time.

My friends endearments make me feel put on pedestals. And though I may throw myself freely into unknowns that stretch imagination and reality...

I am afraid of heights and terrified of going to new places sometimes.

Though I make friends easily, love how beautiful the world of people is diverse and wild like a garden...

I feel incredibly claustrophobic at many times and have a strange wish that I had powers to render myself invisible. I distance myself from others with structures of esoteric knowledge and find my most blissful moments alone.

Though I may lead a spontaneous life, finding adventures at strange turns, and wander into new worlds alone..

I prefer the serenity and saneness of quiet days with good friends where little needs to be said and nothing is amiss in standing still.

Though I am told that I am beautiful, held in high regard, seen as graceful and feminine...

I feel awkward, goofy, and geeky... and I out of grace with my body. I study dance to practice grace and poise and find that it is my most challenging discipline.

Though I enjoymy freedoms, the streams of my thoughts and my ideas withou tinterruption.. Throwing myself into new passions and interests...and furthering my craft with each season...

I would like to enjoy being passionately in love and lose myself in my affections with someone, happily distracted.

Though I am independent, respected and seen as a model of strength and singularity...

I really feel quite vulnerable and fragile. I don't know if I am made of diamonds or glass. And I spend some quiet days questioning my contentment.

I wonder many times...

In my private wonderland.

JNET

1 comment:

  1. We all wonder if we are made of diamonds or glass. I feel that all of us are very fragile inside, and though we get broken many times, we succeed by rebuilding until we are restored. As we grow, there also exist more and more ways to break us, but our strength in character enable us to continually rebuild what has been torn down, similar to how a muscle, after being torn down from harsh use, is forced to rebuild bigger and stronger until it can withstand bigger and bigger physical challenges, as long as it receives a consistent intake of protein and other necessary nutrients.

    However fragile we are in non-physical ways, we must fill ourselves with "protein" for the soul, heart, and mind in whatever form, enabling us to withstand bigger and bigger intellectual, spiritual, and emotional challenges.

    I know that you will succeed at whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete