Friday, June 27, 2008

SS: Salt Shaker Experiment Part TWO

My roommate asked me if I can marry him for a week.

The single click ease of facebook marriages makes for an interesting experiment. It's like running through sugar glass; acting the part with a lowered chance for pain while having the advantage of playing out a scenario.

Call it therapy for chronic singles that dread the prospect of coupledumb... I mean... coupledom. The status update is a purposely generated flirtation.... not with each other but rather with the concept. Dare I admit it, I am flirting with the idea of getting married... to someone... someday... at my insanely deliberate pace that is not in step with the common crash and burn world.

A part of me wants to be apathetic.

Isn't the world of salt shakers a boring dialogue of "what did you do today" "what do you want to eat" "where do you want to go" questions that are repeated ad nauseum until you are entranced or terrorized to bury your self in "partnership"? I want to be inspired. I want to be inspiring... not live as a log of a love one's calorie count.

A new game has begun....

Status updates to follow...

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment