Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Haze of Thursday

It's a steaming hot day and I only have one student and then dance rehearsal.

I am moving so slowly today. I don't know what's come over me. I've practiced on and off for the past few hours but the heat is distracting and well... after I hit that final note of zooming through Debussy's Doctor Gradus, my brain melts.

I broke down and made myself an ice coffee... I wanted something cold and I was so good taking my vitamins and now I just feel jittery.

So I am writing now to see if I can focus some brain cells to do something creative. I should run a few errands and pay a few bills but the thought of being outside is uninspiring and paying bills I can do between thinking of what to write next...

Today is one of those days when being a free-lancer isn't as sexy as that office job with the AC, co-workers, and salaries. I feel like I am barely thinking that I need someone to tell me what to do and think and get paid while I hustle someone else's agenda.

Today, I feel like such a drip. I am writing for the sake of writing and doing something. I have a project to tackle and I am having trouble getting into the right mental space. I have a website to build and the software is intimidating. I have calls to return from prospective students. I am looking for my sparkle.

Where is my magic wand?

That's it.. I feel like a wizard who's batteries have juiced out.

No comments:

Post a Comment