Saturday, June 18, 2005

POEM: Wings of Imagination

my grumblings and rumblings
are of nothings and somethings
of sometimes impertinent things

i meander to be mindful
of wonderings insightful
inviting imagination to take wing

always thinking mostly dreaming
sailing rivers of thoughts streaming
entertaining fanciful adventures with wise kings

feelings waves of emotion
swimming with passionate notions
to a moment to cry and then to sing

skipping stones across lakes of tears
playing tag with mischievious fears
floating joy to the sky on a string

i meander always mindful
of wonderings insightful
inviting imagination to take wing
on a river of thoughts streaming
a moment sad to a season singing
floating joy to the sky on a string

Copyright ©2005 J. R. Hollyday

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46:00 PM

    This is well written, and has an interesting
    meter and rhyme, which I like very much.
    It's a dreamy poem, and I like them- they are
    the kind that makes us smile. Kind regards,
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23:00 AM

    Bravo!! Magical piece of literature!!

    Incredibly clever and deep. Honest beyond all hopes, refreshingly playful and real. The imagery was inspired and the flow was lyrical! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:29:00 PM

    MASTERFUL WRITING.LOVELY POEM.VERY SERENDIPITY AND FUN. GOOD WORK GREAT FLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:31:00 PM

    I like what you are saying and that is that you are a true Romantic at heart. I agree about always dreaming, and that is what we do in order to create. I see that you are trying to set your own style by no capitalization. Good luck and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:34:00 PM

    i dont like it. i think it is something my 13yr oold sister could have wrote. keep trying and eventually you will get better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:58:00 PM

    I love the Whimsy of this work... It's a striking contrast, to absolute seriousness.
    I applaud the effort, and encourage it....
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:12:00 AM

    jnet, I love this poem, because it says what we are, how we think, and what we do.

    These are the components of talent andcreativity that stir thhe passions of the artist, whatever his field. Were I as artiiculate as you, I could have penned
    similar thoughts. Fondly, Lyle

    ReplyDelete