Thursday, June 9, 2005

POEM: Chiaroscuro

I have a vision to paint the shades of a shadow
Meeting the light of day
A moon gloating upon a hill
On borrowed majestic glory
A dissonant echo to sunshine ways

I have a vision to paint the shades of a shadow
Tempting with shrewd flair
Wearing a broad smile over a scheme
Light reveals the seams and places
Shadow's obscurity under glare

I have a vision to paint the shades of a shadow
Sketching promises in the dark
Driven by dim perspective unable
To see the light that is the spark of me


Copyright ©2005 J. R. Hollyday

6 comments:

  1. I wrote this describing two suitors. The sun and the moon.. standing in their power and their intentions, creating me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48:00 AM

    Exquisite. Your artistic talent has spilled onto the page. Tight lines and dense wording. Loved the repitition of the first line. You succeeded in your intent, and I have no criticisms-- this is unusual for me. Well-done, J. Let's see more where that came from.... Yours, Ash Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46:00 AM

    Light against dark - my favorite subject and the look I'm always seeking in my photography. Shadows are so dramatic and express so much emotion. This is a very nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48:00 AM

    This is ethereal and soft. the analogies of the contrasts of light and dark within ourselves is profound and alluring. I lvoe everything about this poem. Keep painting beautiful iamges with words, Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:45:00 AM

    WONDERFUL! Chiaroscuro,-the artistic element of light and shadowing in masterpiece paintings,and this is certainly what you have created here jnet. You present such a natural balance in your poem,after all what is light without its counterpart shadows,the moon "borrows" light from the sun ,your poem holds such majestic karma,and in this the reader is now able to see-- "The light and spark in you". BRAVO.--James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:45:00 PM

    I enjoyed your concept alot and Your execution was good. While the rhythm is a little choppy, I still love your poem because your wording is beautiful and your conceptualization great

    ReplyDelete