Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Broken Glasses Episode II

I haven't a spare and so I am teaching with my sunglasses on. I tell the students that I am a movie star this week. They broke last March and again this past weekend... after having a demanding week.

I have 4 new students... I had a birthday that is still being celebrated with lunches and dinners here and there to catch up with friends. I had lunch with C.... the EX. That was interesting... name the emotion.... I had them all this week.

This weekend, I finally saw E after 3 weeks of busy life in the way. He sang "Happy Birthday" in Turkish. N and I created a garden fairy project and A is teaching me how to make jewelry in exchange for piano lessons.

Despite playing movie star, everyone is more patient with me than I am with them or myself. Mom and I are planning to go to the Bay area in a week or so to visit family and see about Lasik surgery (a relative works at a Lasik center)...

I've had so much up with life that I am overwhelmed. I am writing so little because I hadn't the patience.... I wondered if this is what an old person feels like....

Anyway, tomorrow J, my massage therapist friend is coming over to give me a massage and I'll make dinner and catch up with her and then G. will give me a massage on the following day.. I had been feeling so uptight (though everyone says they can't tell that I'm cranky).... I feel like a walking knot.... in sunglasses.... in the morning.... midday... and evening...

It's a surreal thought.... the possibility of me never complaining about glasses again... Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment