Tuesday, April 3, 2018

fire engine red beauty says hello

c8a20497-51b6-4b67-9ef9-58ec8156aefa.jpeg

My bug handled the drive to SD like a champion but I felt it cough while taking on a final steep climb on the freeway. That was a bit nerve wracking after 3 hours of driving. My legs were shaking when I finally arrived at my destination. My right arm scolded me for the stick shift workout and the tremor was more pronounced.
The drive was my attempt at fighting off any post accident fears of driving before emotions had a chance at hijacking my sense of happy independence. I still feel rough around the edges but enjoyed my family time. I planned to visit a mechanic before heading north.
I visited downtown San Diego's Griffin's Auto Shop in Little Italy for a diagnostic test and found a fleet of classics visiting their auto doc. The red VW camper greeted my arrival. The shop was busy. I wasn't the only one impressed by their reviews.
IMG_2802.JPG
Steepshot_footer2.PNG Steepshot | IPFS | Google Play
Griffin's Auto was kind enough to put my car on top of their queue when they learned I was from out of town and was trying to get home safely. They gave me a free coffee voucher to visit a neighboring cafe and encouraged me to play tourist and go enjoy a stroll.
IMG_2800.JPG
This decadent coffee had Nutella.. its hard to say no to Nutella. It was yummy!
My car was road ready within an hour. They didn't find any major problems and gave me a small list of homework for my mechanic to do before I make another big drive. They discounted the diagnostic test, gave me peace of mind and Griffins became my new official shop that I will go to for my VW needs when in SD.
Next visit is slated for next month. I'm already battling fear talk in my head. I'm planning to win. Here's to healing body and soul.
JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment