Friday, May 16, 2008

Living The Super Girl Life

It's my birthday week and the champagne toast life has bumped up a notch.
Life is dizzying full and bubbly.

As if it is enough that I am podcasting Romancing LA THREE midnights a week... and teaching my private students and enjoying my piano practice... as if it is enough that I want to go dancing at least twice a week to practice my salsa chops, make time for friends and family while juggling visits to yoga and pilates..

And it is enough.

I am enjoying it all. From facing off and laughing with mom over the tensions of taking care of her since her surgery, to chasing two year old nieces and nephews with tickles.. The parents' praise and the rocky practice paths of my students make for my work into play. And late nights followed by naps make waking into the next day an adventure.

A happier adventure still if I remember to keep a full glass of water near by all the time, make sure my cell phones has enough bars, and be ready to switch ON at moment's notice though I crave solitude and silence but find the shiny moment hard to resist.

I feel like I am juggling power saws. Being in the given moment makes for intense living and every conversation lives in the space between vaudeville and divine.

A new look gains new attention. The braces are gone as of Monday and I have a smile I am more confident with and the world seems to be staring at me sometimes. Friends from years back have floated into my world and new friends inspire me to dream of futures.

Since the strike of midnight onto my birthday the celebrations and blessings have poured. Countless toasts have been made, and laughs to make my sides ache create new muscles. They continue yet... beyond the spaces of time where I steal away to write. I feel like I'm living the super girl life.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment