Monday, January 30, 2006

A Star Off Point is a Square

Hello Faithful Friends...

I have been disappearing into different worlds and this traveller is on hyperspeed.

I go between feeling the adrenaline rush and feeling absolutely tired or frustrated and that seems to be the theme in all parts of my life right now.

"Is my star balanced? Is my star balanced?".... Is a question I ask of myself to give myself a reality check. Imagine a star with five points... The five points are:

Intellectual
Emotional
Spiritual
Social
Physical

AND...None of the points are more important than the others...

Many moons ago during a camp retreat, I was given this star to help gauge the status of how I was handling life... Right now I can see right away where I am off balance: the physical point. I am not challenging myself and training to master my body in a way that is engaging me fully...

I've been living like a walking brain or computer these past few months and I'm started to have interesting moments that I can only explain as a manifestation of being a bit out of alignment.

Intellectually, I am happy with my current pursuits and the conversations I have with people that I see results across my "star." (minus the physical field) I become emotionally and spiritually satisfied within the social buzz that is my life... but without that one point in balance, I experience moments of feeling SQUARE. arrrggghhh

I need a massage. I need to take more hikes and walks... and thank God... dance rehearsal resumes a schedule... Being on a thinking run, I've neglected that I exist on other levels...

Thank you for checking in, though. I noticed that people have been visiting despite my lazy fingers not kicking out as many entries...

I am now going to get ready to throw myself out onto a canyon trail for a hike and remedy myself....

How is YOUR star balanced?

No comments:

Post a Comment