Friday, March 9, 2012

dream futures


Every year to the good humor of my friends, I practice my future. I do things like...announce I'm getting married.....or change my Facebook status to engaged. Sometimes I am engaged to a different person every two weeks during a season.

It was fun and I learned a lot in the play dialogues that followed (my friends are playful).

I'm not sure I'll be playing the same social experiments over the next season. Real life is exciting and playful enough discussing the future with firefly; exploring the horizons to see what hopes we've mapped out respectively.

The play dialogue is fun with a zip of feeling a bit unraveling. I'm in this space of magic where reality and dream mix and it's an unfamiliar playground. Is this what everyone does in boyfriend/girlfriend land? Wow wow wow.... May I have a kiss to calm myself down a bit??? I bounce from thoughts of wanting to go slow-mo and then mentioning if homeschooling is an option.

Jnet: "How long have you and B been dating?"

N: "Three years. He's waiting for me to get over being scared of getting married."

Jnet: "I don't think I want to feel scared that long.

N: "I think it's good that you're having the conversations you're having during the honeymoon period."

Jnet: "I've only known him for five weeks."

N: "You seem very happy and from what I'm hearing, he's also a very kind man and good to you.. Most couples get lost in the initial fun and then a year or so later learn that they are not good together, don't share similar goals or values and fight."

Jnet: "True."

N: "So continue being happy, trust and go with it."

Falling in love feels like snow sledding; thrilling and a little bit dangerous. It's interesting to have space to boldly play. It's interesting to have space to explore, trust and even feel afraid. And I think if everyone had a firefly like mine, I would say the same...

Continue being happy, trust and go with it.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment