Sunday, April 1, 2007

Love's Little Corner



AM: "There's something about that bedroom, JNET. My crazy dating life ended when I moved out."

L: "I've dated more in one month than I did in my four years in New York City.

According to my feng shui book, the bedroom in question (the spare room I rent out) dynamically interacts with the relationship corner. I've had three girls rent the room in the past two years and whatever love life they've had seemed to affect the dating MO of the whole house.

JNET: "AM, you had African masks all over your room.. Are those to celebrate fertility and coupling up in general? ... I think that energy was a bit overwhelming."

Less than one year of the house going tribal was traumatic.

N, the first girl, had sweet symbols around and kept her room a very girlish powder blue. My dating life was Sanrio sweet and innocent and love was a bit on the goofy and awkward side.

L, my newest roommate keeps her room very sane and stable and reads spiritual relationship books and has dated more in her first month living in my space than her whole 4 years in NY. She has also managed to meet the first guy to ever charm her beyond belief, a rising creative chef who seems to have found his muse in her. He prepared a nine course meal at his restaurant the other evening and the dining experience was like watching a romantic movie unfold. I was moved and inspired.

If their love story is to have any affect on the dynamics of the relationship MO of the whole house, I had better have my seat belts on good...

Love the way I imagine exists in witnessing L's experience. It is inspiring, creative, amazingly beautiful, delicate and expressive. ART.

JNET

No comments:

Post a Comment